Welcome to the Rawls Testing Center Certiport information page!
The Rawls College of Business and the Rawls Testing Center are excited to offer students the opportunity to take Certiport's Excel Certification exam. Students who successfully complete the certification process will gain valuable skills and increase their marketability to future employers.
Certiport's Excel certification program gives test candidates practical, performance-based scenarios to gauge their real-world capabilities with project and standards-based outcome testing. Certified candidates will demonstrate the fundamentals of creating and managing worksheets and workbooks, creating cells and ranges, creating tables, applying formulas and functions and creating charts and objects.
The Rawls Testing Center only facilitates the ‘Certiport Microsoft Office Specialist – Excel 2013’ certification exams. The offering of this certification is only to Rawls College of Business students enrolled in the appropriate course and is not open to individuals outside of the Rawls College of Business. No other certification exams are offered at this time.
Policies and Exam Requirements
Certiport exams have different requirements than the regular academic Blackboard exams conducted in the Rawls Testing Center. For the Certiport exam, you will need the following:
- Candidates must book a time slot to take the exam by navigating to the Rawls Testing Center Certiport reservation system located at: http://testingcenter.ba.ttu.edu/certiport/schedule.php. After a time slot has been selected, candidates can log back into this page to confirm their selection. Should a retake exam need to be scheduled, candidates will be able to make an additional reservation.
Before you arrive for your exam, you will need to have created a student account with Certiport. Please follow the registration steps at the following link: https://www.certiport.com/portal/SSL/Login.aspx . You will need to know your username and password to login to your certification exam. Please note, this registration process is separate from your MyITLab account.
Mandatory: Students must create their Certiport Accounts using their TTU email address. Additionally under contact information students need to input their R# under "Student ID" when creating their account.
Optional: once this account is created, the candidate is able to input their voucher code to be used during their time slot. At the time of the exam, the candidate will then select this voucher code as part of the login process
- On your test day, please bring both your TTU Student ID and a government issued photo ID (that has your picture and signature on it, i.e. a driver’s license) on the day of your exam. This required to take your exam!
- On your test day, please bring your voucher code, even if you already assigned it to your Certiport account, to your exam. After you have logged in to your exam, you will be able to either select your voucher code, if you already assigned it, or type it in.
- All general policies and procedures of the Rawls Testing Center for test takers must be followed. You are not allowed to bring any belongings into the Testing Center during your Certiport certification exam. Free lockers are provided to lock up all belongings including bags, cell phones, smartwatches (Apple Watches and any wearable electronic device), jackets, food/beverages, etc.
Exam Day Procedures
- Before your exam
- You must arrive promptly for the time slot you selected
- If needed you will be provided with the token necessary to use the locker room to store your belongings including, but not limited to:
- Cell phones
- Study Materials
- Arrive to the Rawls Testing Center with your:
- Student ID
- Government issued photo ID
- Voucher code
- Exam Signin
- With the assistance of a proctor you will:
- Proceed into the center and be seated at a station
- Log in with your Certiport username and password
- Get started with your exam
- Beginning the Exam
- The exam begins with a tutorial
- The 50 minute timed exam will begin after the completion of the tutorial
- Exam completion
- Exam results will be displayed immediately after completion
- You will be required to checkout before leaving the testing center
- If you do not pass
- You will need to schedule a time for your retake exam by logging back in to http://testingcenter.ba.ttu.edu/certiport/schedule.php
- You will need to have another voucher code to retake the exam
How to create a Certiport account for testing.
- Certiport exam policies: http://www.certiport.com/
- Information about Microsoft Office Specialist – Excel 2013 certification: http://www.certiport.com/Portal/