Testing Center - Student Guide
Lockers are available for students to secure personal belongings not authorized in the Rawls Testing Center. Please note: The Rawls Testing Center will not hold personal belongings for any reason. All belongings need to be secured prior to the check-in process. Again, the Lockers are available for your convenience and students are not required to use the locker room to store their belongings. Other alternatives include/but are not limited to leaving your belongings at home, in your vehicle, or with a friend. All lockers are cleaned out at the end of the day and any belongings left behind will be sent to lost and found.
- Location - The locker room is located NW204. This is directly down the hall from the Rawls Testing Center.
- Cost - Lockers are avaiable free of charge for students taking a test, but do require a token that you must receive from the testing center.
- Usage - To use the locker system, students will acquire a token from the testing center. Easy to follow instructions are located on the locker. Lockers are one-time use and once opened, you will be required to insert another token.
- Identification - Students are required to have a vaild TTU student ID to gain entry into the testing center.
- Exam Verification - Upon entry, students will be asked to identify what test they are taking. Students must identify the exam by either clearly stating the course prefix, course name, and/or professor name. Simply, stating Exam 1 or Marketing Exam will not suffice. If you are unable to properly identify the test you are there for, you will be asked to leave so that you can gather the information.
- Material Verification - All materials brought into the testing center will be verified when checking in. This means all notecards, note sheets, and other test related materials will be physically examined by our staff.
- Seating - Once the check-in process has been completed, a seat will be asigned to you by a Proctor. Remember, seating is available on a first come, first serve bases, so please plan accordingly.
Allowed testing materials are at the discretion of the course professor. Students can verify allowed testing materials prior to their test by visiting the "Test Schedule Lookup" page here.
- 3x5 Note Card
- 5x8 Note Card
- 8.5x11 Note Sheet
- Handouts - All handouts are provided to us by your professor. If you are required a handout for your test, it will be provided to you during check-in.
- Calculators - Calculators are provided by the testing center. If allowed the use of a calculator on their test, students will be provided with one during the check-in process. Do not bring your own calculator to the testing center, you will not be allowed to use it!
- Scratch Paper - All scratch paper is provided by the testing center. Students will be provided scratch paper as part of their approved list of items at the time of check-in. A student may ask us for a new sheet of scratch paper during their testing session, but your first sheet will be collected before you are provided a new sheet. Once you have turned in your used sheet, we will not be able to return it back to you. There are no exceptions to this rule!
Please be quiet and courteous at all times while in the Testing Center. Disruptive students will be asked to leave.
All tests in the Testing Center are administered via Blackboard only. Students will need to know their eRaider login information in order to access their tests on Blackboard at the Testing Center. The Testing Center does not have access to your login and password information so please make sure you know this information before arriving! Students may only use their own eRaider account when taking a test – Proctors will monitor students as they login to Blackboard. You are advised to check your ability to login to Blackboard before coming to the Testing Center on the day of your test.
Proctors move around the room during a test to monitor student progress, ensure that no unauthorized materials are present, and to ensure academic integrity is upheld. They are able to answer basic Blackboard log-in questions and provide support to students during their test session in the Testing Center.
- Scratch Paper
All scratch paper is provided by the Testing Center. Students will be provided scratch paper as part of their approved list of items at the time of check-in. A student may ask us for a new sheet of scratch paper during their testing session, but your first sheet will be collected before you are provided with a new sheet. Once you have turned in your used sheet, we will not be able to return it back to you. There are no exceptions to this rule!
- Test Selection
Before starting the test please take the time to verify you are selecting the correct course and test in Blackboard. While unlikely, it is possible to start the wrong test, if you are in a hurry and have multiple course tests available. Take the time to verify.
- Test Review
You may not review any test material while inside the Testing Center. Any questions you have regarding your test will need to be directed to your professor, after you have completed the test.
The Testing Center is open Monday thru Friday from 8am to 5pm. It closes promptly at this time and all tests must conclude at that time. The Testing Center is also closed during certain holidays and school events. For a complete schedule of closures, click here
Students may not use the bathroom while testing. Students are advised to use the bathroom prior to entering the Testing Center.
Students who are ill are encouraged not to come to the testing center. If you do come to the testing center and are visibly ill, bleeding, or pose a general health concern to others, Testing Center Management reserves the right to deny entry and will contact your professor.
- Cell Phones
The use of cell phones in the testing center is strictly prohibited. Cell phones should NOT be brought into the testing center.
If a student is caught with a cell phone or smart watch in the testing center, they will be immediately escorted from the testing center and their test submitted as is. We will notify your professor via email of the incident.
If a cell phone or smart watch which was concealed causes a disturbance in the testing center by ringing, vibrating, dinging, etc., the student will immediately be escorted from the testing center and their test submitted as is. We will notify your professor via email of the incident.
- Technical Issues
Immediately imform a proctor if you experience any technical issues while testing. If you don't inform us, it didn't happen! Once you have informed us, please wait patiently for us to diagnose the issue. Most issues are able to be resolved quickly.
If technical issues are affecting multiple users in the Testing Center, often followed by multiple hands being raised, this is likely a wide spread issue affecting everyone. Testing Center Management will send out user wide messages to all computers with information as it becomes available.
You should remain calm and quiet, and follow all instructions received. Do not attempt to talk to other students or look at their computers. Professors will be informed via email about any technical issues. It is advised to write down answers on scratch paper if you have it.
- Completing a test - When you have completed your test, please submit it, quietly exit the testing area, and proceed to the Check-Out desk.
- Identification - To exit the Testing Center students are required to present their student ID to testing center staff. Your ID is scanned in order to complete and document your test session.
- Testing Materials Collection - All test materials are collected and verified by testing center staff as the final step in the check-out process.
Details coming soon!